Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Blogging is hard!

Keeping up with this blog is more difficult all the time, but I'm determined to do it! I've read moms lamenting the lack of time, but I honestly never really understood what the big deal was. Now I know...and I have a very low-maintenance baby!

I won't go so far as to document my day moment-by-moment, as some moms do, but just as a note to my future self, here are the obstacles to blogging lately:

1) Constant interruption. It's hard to get started when I'll be interrupted in 5, 4, 3, 2...
2) Sorting thru photos to post. Doug takes HUNDREDS of pictures. It's agony to pick a few.
3) Other things to do on the internet. Like pay bills, look for a job, and hunt for sitters.
4) Other priorities. Like getting my baby off the floor and to a park!
5) Did I mention choosing photos?
6) Cleaning the apartment. My baby and husband are mobile disaster areas.
7) Apartment solutions. i.e. Baby needs a bedroom.
8) Writer's block. All of the above and more combine to make me a terrible writer. Sigh.

This blog is a prime example of #8. But I'm lucky that my brain doesn't contain the usual commentary on life, which can easily be summed up as, "...ung."

There's more, but that's all that comes to mind right now. And it's time to go to the park!

And that's what's really most important, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment