Friday, May 10, 2013

Fun with baby photos ~ 30 weeks!

Today is the 30-week mark! That means that I have 10 weeks until my due date, and 8-12 weeks for a "normal term" delivery! Wow. 

Baby is still chugging along in there, getting heavier and longer and more active. She's been lying transverse (sideways) during the day lately. Since I'm sitting at my desk at work most of the day, that means she's sort of sitting in my lap because of the way my belly pooches over now. This is a blessing, because it also means that she can't really get to my bladder. And as we all know from my previous posts, leaving the bladder alone is a gift to Mommy. 

She definitely still has lots of room, even though I'm measuring normal belly-wise. I have such a long waist that she's not even close to my ribs yet, which is apparently another blessing because it's probably why I don't have heartburn or rib pain. This could all change soon, though, because she'll double in weight during these last two months. Her arms and legs are long and strong enough now that I can feel hands and feet and knees and elbows sliding along my belly wall as she moves and stretches and tries to turn. She spins around so much that I worry she'll get the cord wrapped around herself. 

I'm scheduled for a "growth ultrasound" in two weeks! It will be nice to get another little window into her world. 

I love to think about what she's going to look like. I also used to love thinking about this when my sisters were pregnant with their kids. There are so many possibilities! I like to look at photos of Doug and me when we were little kids and wonder how this little girl will combine our features, and our family's features. She's almost guaranteed to be tall and strong and athletic based on our builds, but I wonder how our characteristics will combine to make her uniquely her, while still being ours.

Doug was born with dark sparse hair in a bald-old-man pattern that turned almost white-blonde as a toddler and then slowly got darker as he got older until it's almost black today. His eyes are a lovely shade of blue-green, and his beard is a mix of red, blonde, and dark brown; his skin has very few moles or freckles and he tans very easily. 
I was born almost bald with light brown/dark blonde hair that slowly got darker as I grew up. It grows out of my head as dark as Doug's but it gets lighter very easily with reddish and blonde highlights. My eyes are muddy brownish-greenish-grayish, which I've been told is "Welsh brown," and I have very fair skin that freckles very easily and can get moderately tan. My mom had auburn hair and freckly skin, too so there's maybe even a chance that we could have a redhead!






No comments:

Post a Comment